Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh, S%@t!

So, the kids were in bed and I was sitting on the couch, enjoying some peace and quiet and reading the paper. My husband was down at the barn, watering the alpacas as he does every night. He marches in the living room and says "Put on your boots".

Huh?

Turns out I hadn't *exactly* closed the gate on the girls' pen. Fortunately, it was the gate that opened to the main part of the barn, and the main barn doors were closed. They had free range of our barn for a day, and created a new dung pile right next to the tractor. They made a huge mess of a bale of straw (looks like they made their own bedding), and our Pyr had some fun too. This is the first time our alpacas had escaped, and I definitely think we got off easy. I should have wondered why I didn't see them out in the pasture all day long....


Big news at Offbeat Acres - we're building our website now. It's going to be www.offbeatacres.com. I'll keep blogging too, it's just time to add a full blown website to the mix. It should be up by early April (or sooner).

No comments: