Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

My husband and boys were home when the cria was born. Our older son is almost 4, so my husband was trying to explain to him what was happening with Sabetha, without being too graphic. My husband said "Sabetha's baby is coming today". To which my boy replied, "Good! When Dick and Patty get here, Dick can push me on the swing!"

Gotta love that logic. Dick and Patty are the breeders where we got our first alpacas, so our course, they're going to bring the baby. My son got his first lesson in the birds and the bees that day.

Btw, the cria is now 7 days old, and has gained 1.5 lbs. She loves to run along the fence line so the alpaca boys on the other side can chase her. Sabetha has little tolerance for this, though, and scolds the boys. What interesting creatures they are.

No comments: