Thursday, June 19, 2008

The boys

 
I have two boys.   Well, I have two human boys, and two alpaca boys.   My mother gets really annoyed because I have more pictures of the alpacas than of her grandsons.     Oh well.

This is Bam Bam and Titanium, my two alpaca boys.   Bam Bam is on the left.   



Why are we getting alpacas?   Why not horses, or sheep, or cows, or llamas?    Well.....I'd like to say that we did hours of research, studied vet books, went to fairs/shows, etc.    Simply put, it was the one animal my husband and I agreed on.   They're small enough to be easily handled by a couple of newbies (us), they produce wonderfully soft, lanolin free fiber (so they're practical), and they're just beautiful to look at.     Done.    

Next up:  laying chickens.     Know where we can get some?

No comments: