Monday, July 7, 2008

Ahhh....

My job can be pretty intense sometimes.   Today was easily one of the crummiest days I've had in well over a year.    One of the things I'm really enjoying about the farm is the physical labor.  I sit at a desk (or in meetings) most of the time at the day job.   Oh goodie - today I made some more spreadsheets.   Where's the joy in that?

So, I was fried when I got home today.  It was the perfect mindset for weeding.   I needed some way to vent my frustration / rage, and feel like I make a difference in the world.    Ripping out that *&#!(@* crab grass just felt good.    My watermelons, peppers, beets, and other veggies are now beautiful again.     I also made baked fish, wilted beet greens, and potatoes with fresh dill and scallions for supper.  Mmmm - maybe this day wasn't a complete loss....


Talk about intense jobs - my husband is a stay-home dad.    I wouldn't want to trade with him....

No comments: